Sunday, August 21, 2005

Ode to Tofutti Cuties

As inspired by the great poets from Hither and Jon.

Oh dear,

I wish very dearly
You had not introduced me
On that very first day
To the Tofutti Cutie

I used to never eat ice cream
As made from milk it do be
In this world I was happy
No health worries for me

I always had an excuse
No struggle with temptation
But now I've tasted TCs
It's a battle with addiction

Now I must eat everyday
This 'ice cream' sandwich
I'm scared if I don't have one
I might develop a twitch

I will think of you sourly
If I put on weight
Before P&P's wedding
This Labour Day date

The next time you help me
Please recommend if you can
Something more wholesome
Like fruit, spinach or bran

Truly,

Ficali McPipe

p.s. - have you tried the vanilla ones??!
p.p.s - To the pedantic ones - please ignore meter, rhythm and rhyme (or the lack thereof), this is artistic license.
p.p.p.s - Thanks to Inihtar for her encouragement, without which this seminal piece of verse may have never seen the light of day.

2 comments:

miLo said...

Yes, I HAVE tried the Vanilla ones! Great lines ...

Anonymous said...

Waaah, all my friends are going to hang out with you while I am gone and they will like you more than they (n?)ever liked me.
caveboy.