Thursday, August 18, 2005

Personal belongings

Mannipenny wrote me an email today."Please," she said, "I've forgotten a few important things in NY, could you mail them to me?" She then proceeded to list them:
- a silver jewellery box
- a water bottle
- a hairdryer diffuser

It's funny what different people consider their personal essentials.

I don't know what the last one is, yet. But she said it's small and black and probably in the bathroom cabinet. So I'm going to poke my nose around in the cabinet for small black things which might resemble an hairdryer appendage.

ps - I never know whether to say "an" or "a" if the following word starts with an 'h'. What say?

1 comment:

gulshan said...

it all depends on whether you actually pronounce the "h" sound when you say the word. so it would be "an" hour, but "a" horse.