Thursday, November 10, 2005

Emergency Control and other stories

Emergency Control:
I was feeling a bit fat today, so I went and joined the neighbourhood gym. Not that I'm normally impulsive or reactive in this manner, but some situations call for emergency measures. I am NOT going to go to London in two weeks only to have my friends think omg she went to the US and came back fat. Not that there's anything wrong with fat. It's just that it looks kind of comic if you also have the misfortune of being short. So its serious cardio from tomorrow. Well okay not tomorrow, because that's a Friday. And not the weekend because that's always a health write-off. Okay from Monday its' going to be a new Ficali.

In fact from Monday onwards you can just start calling me Ficali McTrim.

Other stories:
Today the global head of my department dropped me an email out of the blue to say: "You are on my radar as a key talent resource". Just like that, sans preamble or context, and sans greeting or salutation. What does it mean? Don't ask me, probably HR-speak for something or other, but it was positive rather than negative, and one must bask in little slivers of glory where one can. I was well chuffed with myself all afternoon, until it sudenly occurred to me: Omygosh what if he's a bit scatty like me and has sent it to me in error when actually it was meant for someone else! Which seems more and more likely given the out-of-the-blueness of the email. But until I hear otherwise, I'll have all of you know that I'm a Key Talent Resource.

Which probably means they like the picture of the big fat Thanksgiving turkey I drew on the HR strategy whiteboard in my office. Yep, that sounds pretty key-talent to me.

No comments: