Saturday, November 19, 2005

What's wrong with my hair?

Fran and I were talking about girly stuff - manicures, pedicures, and facial treatments.

This is my weekend of self-indulgence. On Wednesday, I'll be meeting Caveboy again. The last thing I want is to get off the plane, for him to see me for the first time in months, and to think omg she's looking a bit shoddy. I would just die.

I voiced these concerns to Fran, and she exclaimed with all the right indignation in keeping with her role as my surrogate-mum in the office. "Don't be silly, Ficali, you're looking lovely! You're so pretty, you don't need to do anything to yourself, any guy would be lucky to have you just as you are!"

(I, of course, lapped up the lines.)
Really? I did a little twirl for her benefit.

"Well, hmm," she scratched her chin, "Now that I look closely, I guess you could afford to do something about your hair."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sure you look lovely. Can't wait to see you. :)
Cb.

Anonymous said...

Hello. It's Caveboy's friend Y. You always look lovely, and if Caveboy gives you a hard time, tell Marina to kick his ass. - Y

Ficali McDelta (nee McPipe) said...

Lol - Thanks for the vote of confidence, kids. Especially important given that I didn't have the time to get ANY of the stuff I'd intended done... ;)
~FMP