Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Kudos

One must give credit where it's due. So today, kudos to two things:

1) 1-800-mattress
You might laugh at my choice, from all the things to credit in the world. But I am just so damn impressed with them. I called them up on a Sunday, and they could deliver me a bed in one hour. In fact, in half an hour, but that was too soon for me to be ready for them, so I had to push them back to an hour. How quick is that?!!! I do suspect it's faster than our emergency services.

Next time I'm caught in a building fire, I'll think, should I dial the fire brigade, or should I call 1-800-mattress and ask them to put a bed outside so I can jump out the window.

2) Me
You might also laugh at this choice (and with good reason), but I'm feeling particularly proud of myself at the moment. I have now gone to the supermarket four times and successfully avoided buying myself tofutti cuties. If I do some quick arithmetic and astound you with my razorsharp numeracy, that comes to exactly four weeks of not eating them. Now some of you will undoubtedly psha at this. But the others of you, the ones who've ever had any kind of addiction whatsoever, know that four can be a pretty big number.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're going to have to introduce me to these tofutti cuties when I get to New York in December. Although perhaps that's the last thing I want to be eating considering it's like an addiction according to you. And the mattress story is great. Glad your apartment is coming together. Can't wait to see it!
Caveboy.