Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Three new things about myself

Even when I don't want to hear how particularly crap I am at something, feedback from friends can be a great thing. If nothing else, it reduces the need to have to introspect for myself. But today for some reason, a bunch of friends passed a variety of comments that have lingered in my mind.

First of, I dropped Dub an email this morning, and he responded, "Ha ha, when you write I can just imagine you standing there pouting with your hands on your hips."
Do I pout??!
I admit I have a (possibly over-indulgent) flare for the dramatic - but a pout?? I haven't ever really considered myself to be girly. Not for me the pouts and twirls and coquettish tosses of the hair. But Dub's comment made me think - maybe, subconsciously, unawaredly, I do. Maybe I DO pout. How exciting, really. So French chic. Now I can stop worrying about what it means that I'm so infatuated with gadgets.

Later this morning, in a totally separate conversation, I dropped Milo an email and he responded, "Ha ha, when you write I can just visualise your facial expressions and it cracks me up."
WHAT. Do I have a funny face?
Now, I might not be the most composed of lasses, but is my face really that funny? I mulled over this one for a bit, and have come to the conclusion that it must be the new expression I've been donning when confused. :S What I've come to realise is that it's much cuter (and easier to pull off) as an MSN emoticon than in person. Nonetheless I've taken to pulling the face often (confusion is a common occurence with me), in fact arguably too often to be socially acceptable or femininely elegant. But I hadn't realised yet that it was verging on the hilarious.

And then the killer comment. I was talking to Seagull today and he said, "You're so closed as a person, you never volunteer any information about yourself unless specifically asked." I thought it a sharp observation, and was surprised by his astuteness.
But then he proceeded to say, "But then there's points when you sometimes confuse yourself and unintentionally let out more than intended."
Confuse myself???? Hey, Mister, I'm in full grasp of my faculties.
It's no secret to any of you that I'm somewhat restrained with volunteering information about myself. Both Inihtar and I have discussed this before: It's not about wanting to be secretive, it's about wanting to be asked. But ultimately, this is to do with the games people play, and if I'm not up to the guile, best figure that out now.

Confuse myself, eh. Like tripping over myself in my own enthusiasm. Or being hoisted by my own petard. Ha. AS IF that could ever be me.

1 comment:

miLo said...

oh man. one of your funniest and most HILARIOUS yet. Not because I was mentioned though. And ... I could see your face as I was visualizing ;).