Saturday, January 28, 2006

A big night out in the town

As we left work yesterday, Seagull asked me, "So what are your plans for this evening?"
"Nothing much," I told him. "I'm dead tired, so just a quiet one in will serve me well."

And true to my word, I crawled straight home from work to meet Azdadoobie and Ilajna, and we had a girlie night in. By 11pm, the week's fatigue was catching up with Ilajna and me, and we decided to retire to bed like happy campers. "I'm going out to meet a friend," said Azdadoobie, gathering her things and heading for the door.

"What are you up to this evening?" I'd asked Seagull before he left work.
"I don't want to do much either," he said, "but I'm being dragged for a big night out in the town by J-Bo." I'd sympathised.
J-Bo is one of Seagull's college friends. Great and fun though he is, every night out with J-Bo somehow ends up being a big night out in the town.

Below is my transcript of Seagull's and J-Bo's night out in the city, per periodic text messages and calls I received over the course of the evening.

11.26 pm - Seagull: Tequila!!!!!
12.30 am - Seagull: Oh god there's no going back now.
1.00 am - Ficali: Oh dear. Gluck mate.

2.00 am - Azdoobie got back home, and I wandered into the kitchen to see what all the clanking and clattering was about. Only to find an Azdadoobie half in the fridge, giggling to herself. Turned out she had the munchies, so I set about heating up some food for her. Turned out our talk and laughter woke Ilajna up, so we all sat at our table to continue chatting.

2.30 am - Ficali: Where ARE you?!
4.03 am - Seagull: Leaving Sway

4.15 am - J-Bo called me. "I've taken Seagull out for a big night out in the town!!!!!!" He hollered.
"So I gather," I replied.
"What did you get up to?"
"Not much. Night in with the girls."
"She had a night in with the girls," I could hear J-Bo hollering to Seagull, who was undoubtedly right beside him.
"Was it movie night, was it movie night?!" I could hear Seagull in the background.
Suddenly the conversation was ended with an "ok we're going to get something to eat goodbye." Click.

4.36am - Seagull: We are at kati roll
4.37am - Seagull: Jyada mirch dalna

I had taught Seagull how to ask for his kebabs extra hot in hindi. And he'd been dying to use that line for a while now.

4.38 am - I called Seagull. "Did you use the line with the guy at the counter?"
"Yes, a couple of times!!"
"Did he understand you?"
"No, he thought I was talking French or something. Must be cos I'm white."
"Okay we'll work on the accent next time. All right gnite."
"Okay, gnite. Why were you awake anyway?"


Yeesh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude, if we had kati roll here in THe Hague, I'd be calling everyone I know when eating it, too -- God I miss that place!!!

Caveboy.