Monday, January 02, 2006

Goodbye 2005 Part I

2005 was a big year for me. And as we transition (oh it does creep up on you so quickly) into the new year, I'd like to pause a moment to say my thanks to 2005. After all, like a faithful friend, it did stick with me through thick and thin all through ... well, all through the year anyway.

And life really wouldn't be what it is today, without everyone else who has weaved their way in and about, helping to shape, mould and influence in a way I could never have done on my own.

And therefore, some acknowledgements (in the order that they came to pass):
Thanks to Mum & Dad, for pushing and prodding and nudging and badgering, until I finally took the plunge and decided to make the leap across the pond to America. And for being non-judgemental, as I blundered (and continue to do s0) my way through the transition.

Thanks to Ashkay and family, for two wonderful, wonderful months in Toronto.

And a very special thanks to Caveboy, just for being Caveboy. For understanding me, even when I don't. For being the point of solidity through it all.

Special hugs to Rohinton and Jeet, for helping me transition into US life, for introducing me to the joys of the Boken (esp Arsens), and for throwing me the most touching 'Welcome to US' party ever.

And thanks to Inihtar, for taking the leap across the pond with me, so we each had an ally to whine and moan and mumble and grumble with. And most importantly, to reminisce and be nostalgic with.

And a special hug for Macklaine, for being there through everything, even without actually being there. For building the wardrobes. For skating backwards. For using the 'Ajit'. Just for knowing me inside out.

And an especially soft spot for Milo, for being my first 'new' friend in NY, and for sticking by me even after the initial newness wore off. Despite me being me. For introducing me to Tofutti Cuties, MNF and chicken wings. And just listening. And for starting the blurred and interchangeable life coach/coachee relationship.

And a giant hug to Dub, for being the funniest manager ever to be an HR bod for. And for introducing me to Keats. For having a smile that warms your heart no matter how you're feeling. And for an evening of shared secret histories. Here's to a day of oysters and karaoke. ;-)

And a warm thanks to Seagull (not a hug, because when he hugs me, he knocks off my hat), for making me laugh more than I had in the longest time. For being ridiculous and obstreperous. For a 2.00 am walk in the snow. For having friends who each have two names. For knowing exactly when to see through my shite, and more importantly, exactly when to bolster my confidence with a grin of support.

And a thanks to Danby - for the absolute abundance of energy he brings to everything. For forming the HUDT, and allowing me to be President-ess. For somehow always having time for everyone. For giving snoring a whole new meaning. And for all the shared laughs, seahorse drawings, and drinks after work.

And thanks to Big Boss M, for offering me a job, despite all idiosyncracies.

And the warmest, bestest, happiest hugs to Ilajna and Azdadoobie, for being the best roomies ever. For the welcoming hugs home and the warm dinners cooked together. For giggles and gossip and girly confidences. (Mushy mushy). And for memorable movie nights (how could I forget?!).

And to Bart Talula, for all her warm hugs and constant affection. For reminding me again and again why I miss London so much.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, what a lovely sentimental post. I'm glad that I am a part of your life, and vice verse, of course. All you NY people out there, take good care of my Seahorse while I am gone!
Caveboy.

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU, Seahorse, for all the same and more. And rest assured, Caveboy, we'll take good care of her!! :D

Ficali McDelta (nee McPipe) said...

OMG my sentimental moment is over.

Since when did I start getting called Seahorse??!!!! This isn't 'This Fish' you know :P

Hugs to you both.
~FMP

miLo said...

awww shux Ficali. You made me blush :). Hugs to you.