Wednesday, September 14, 2005

If you need me, I'm hiding under my desk

The building I'm working in has a warped security system. Rather than a guard who checks your ID when you enter (as most other places have), there is a video camera. Everyone who enters has to stand in front of it and announce their name.

I used to get nervous in front of it the first few days. Just the concept of talking into a camera, you know. But thankfully I've gotten over that now.

The system is warped, and its security provision is dubious. For one, if I'd intended to sabotage the building, I could say any name in the world and no one would know. I've toyed with the idea of saying Ficali McPipe. But of course I'm not going to. Who would do something so ridic?!

Today as I entered the building, I got caught up in a moment of childish impetuosity and pulled a face at the camera. I pulled a face at the camera. Like with my tongue out and eyes crossed and all. GAWD. What is wrong with me. Have I no motor control? Have I know impulse control?

Obviously, I'm in a bit of a panic now. I've realised that I don't quite know who watches the recordings. I hope to the high heavens that it's just general 'building security' and not someone who works in my company.

Because if anyone recognises me, I might run the risk of losing some credibility as the primary HR bod around here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved it. Sometimes we have to make fun of the world around us to retain our sanity. I do it all the time and some think I'm crazy others like my candid personality. It lightens the day a little for those with shades pulled over there eyes. Keep spreading the laughter maybe it will save us all.
"kev"