Friday, September 30, 2005

A sad state of affairs

This morning as I walked to work there was a decided chill in the air, so much that I had to button up my jacket and huddle into it for comfort. Further south, I could feel my toes turn
(un)comfortably numb. I reluctantly conceded that it's time to be out with the sandals, and in with the boots and closed-toeds.
Oh autumn, why hast thou forsaken us?!
Goodbye toesies, see you next May.

Entirely unrelated:

Yesterday I sent out an email to all the employees with some clarificatory (??? - too lazy to check for correct word) information. Later that afternoon, Seagull came to me and asked me about exactly the information I'd distributed.
"Don't you ever read my emails?!" I grumbled.
"Oh, I love reading your emails," he responded. "They always make me laugh."

Hmmph. I'd almost rather he didn't.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

clarifying?

Ficali McDelta (nee McPipe) said...

D'oh. Dammit. Thanks, Macklaine.
~FMP