Monday, September 19, 2005

Tempting fate

Yesterday Milo and I were debating , as one sometimes does over casual Sunday lunch, whether or not we believed in reincarnation. I confessed that I was open to the possibility, but had not given the subject enough thought one way or another to have formulated a defined opinion.

Milo's thinking was somewhere along the same lines. Although he didn't believe it in particularly, nothing in his system of beliefs precluded reincarnation, he said.
"Although," he added, "I must say I don't reckon I'll come back in my next life as an inanimate object like a rock!"

"Touch wood," I replied, knocking my knuckles against my forehead. I don't think people should tempt fate.

He laughed. But I must have planted the seed of doubt, because I saw him surreptitiously knocking on the table.

Heh heh.

No comments: