Friday, September 23, 2005

Multiplying like rabbits

This afternoon Big Boss M from the higher upper legions suddenly popped his head around my door. "I just wanted to let you know you're doing a great job," he said.
"Oh, thanks!" I beamed. I'm always thrilled with a compliment, few and far between as they come.

Little did he know, though, that I'd been about to post this:

Multiplying like Rabbits

Emails in my inbox
Growing
By the hundred

There's no keeping up
There's no keeping track

The ones at the bottom
Long forgotten
Lost in the black hole
Hope they weren't important

Time for some
Emergency damage control
Like autoforward
To someone else's mailbox

Maybe the guy
Sitting there in the corner
Never liked him much anyway
Heh heh heh

Just kidding. I'm on top of things really. Honest.
(Spoken like Napoleon on the eve of Waterloo)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, that's a great poem. What a star you are!

Anonymous said...

and a historical reference as well, you are spoiling us! Er, btw, should that be AN historical reference - I'm never sure ;-)

Ficali McDelta (nee McPipe) said...

Someone told me it's 'a' with a hard H (e.g. house) and 'an' with a soft H (e.g. honest). Don't know if that's correct but at least I have a guideline now :)