Wednesday, September 21, 2005

The Latino society

As a means of furthering my Spanish education, I've decided to start a Latino society at work.

"But you're not latino," Fran pointed out.
Does it really matter? Shouldn't we be embracing globalism?

So I asked Fran and Cilla if they would want to join the society. With them both being hispanic and all, I think it'll lend the society more credibility. As we currently stand, there's just three of us. But don't worry, we'll grow. I noticed there's a chap called Juan who just started last week. So he'll be the next target, heh heh.

But for the moment, it's just us chicas. Fran and Cilla always giggle when I call us las chicas. I don't think they realise I'm dead serious :)

Now the next problem is thinking up what to do. I know a really nice salsa bar - that should be a good starter shouldn't it?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If it's just you three gals for now, shouldn't it be latina society (not latino)?
So pedantic.
Caveboy

Ficali McDelta (nee McPipe) said...

But society is masculine? (methinks)
FMP